The Simplex Tutor helps you solve simple linear programming problems. Arithmetic for pivoting can be tedious and mistakes can be hard to catch, so use the tutor to check your work.
• Hints will guide you to a solution
• Tutor completes pivots for you
• Simplex solver
• Mail solver's solutions
• Exact answers are shown as fractions
• Review linear programming, with examples
• Review simplex method, with examples
• 32 sample problem templates included
• Enter your own problems
• Enter data as fractions or decimals
• Custom keyboard for easy data entry
• Export matrices as HTML or CSV
• Save matrices as pictures
• Work problems with up to six constraints and six initial variables
If you are stuck and not sure how to proceed with a problem, you can request a hint guiding you to the solution. The more hints you ask for, the more guidance you will receive. Eventually the tutor will tell you a correct location to pivot on if the problem is solvable, or it will tell you that there is no solution. In this way the rules of the simplex method are continually reinforced and soon you will not need to ask for hints.
If you want more than hints, turn on the solver from the settings view. Now step by step solutions using the simplex method will be given.
Turn problems into fully worked examples with the Simplex Tutor.
If the Simplex Tutor has been helpful to you, please leave a review. If you have a suggestion, please contact us at www.mertzwerkz.com/contact.html. Many thanks!
For help solving two dimensional linear programming problems graphically, or to plot linear inequalities, see the Linear Program Plotter.
For practice with row operations, the Gauss-Jordan method, or finding matrix inverses, see the Row Operations Tutor.