This is a comprehensive education app about ankylosing spondylitis. It includes all of the basic material from the free iAnkylosingSpondylitis app and adds extensive clinician material only found in this pro version. Whilst this pro app was designed for clinicians to provide patient education on AS, it can also be useful for patients and friends who want to know details about the diagnosis and treatment of ankylosing spondylitis.
"Excellent. Nothing short of brilliant, has helped me piece together the jigsaw of missing answers I had wanted to understand.. What an app." - Paul Meenan UK
"Another great education app. This is a wonderful followup to iSpineCare with the emphasis on AS. We have been spending considerable time trying to educate physios around Australia about this condition as we feel it is not well recognised. This app is an excellent way for us to continue educating physios or any other health professional including our own staff. A great resource, with outstanding animation and radiographic examples. How good is that SIJ animation! Thanks again guys for developing this app. Keep up the good work." - Physiotherapist AUS
"Very good app . I find it difficult to get good and detailed information on AS and am pleased to have found this app.." - Impoftheyard UK
• 3D animations on the normal anatomy of the cervical and lumbar spine and the sacro-iliac joint
• 3D animations showing the progression of sacro-iliitis to fusion and syndesmophytes to ankylosis
• detailed information on history, physical examination, assessment tools (printable), differential diagnosis, laboratory studies, histology and a medical imaging library of over 400 Xrays, CTs and MRIs
• 50 additional exercise animations, 39 conservative spine care audio-visual animations, printable forms, patient and product information on commonly used medications, surgical information, case studies, prognosis and practice points
• copies of ‘The Assessment of SpondyloArthritis International Society handbook’ and the NASS ‘Looking Ahead’ booklet.
iAnkylosingSpondylitis Pro provides rapid, mobile, reproducible ankylosing spondylitis education.
Using verbal descriptions or still images alone for patient education is often ineffective in conveying the evolution of complex conditions. This is worsened when presenting to an un-informed audience in a time-poor, resource-limited, demanding medical environment. Patient education is improved with the use of this up-to-date technology which also provides clinician, clinic and insurer benefits. For clinicians, continuing education requires updatable access to the latest pathology, diagnostic and treatment protocols.
• detailed education
• improved understanding
• more informed decisions
• improved compliance
• increased satisfaction
• better treatment outcomes
• less time needed giving higher quality education
• increased physical examination / treatment time
• better management of client’s expectations
• happier clients
• shorter consultations
• increased client throughput
• fewer medico-legal issues
All content is kept with the device and iAnkSpond Pro is still fully functional in environments without an internet connection.