Space Acronyms is a handy pocket reference to the space industry. It serves as a decoder ring for the myriad of commonly-used (15,000+) acronyms used operationally.
Space Acronyms is based on original research, including official NASA glossaries, STS press releases, and much more.
This product is an invaluable aid for pilots, students, aviation and space enthusiasts, military historians, anyone working in the aerospace industry, flight-simmers, and anyone visiting aviation or space museums.
In total, there are six databases, which can be turned on and off to help focus searching.
- ArianeSpace: acronyms used by launch customers.
- Energia: Acronyms used by launch customers.
- Sea Launch: Acronyms used by launch customers.
- NASA: Covering the Apollo and STS eras.
- Space Command: Terms used by the US military's space operations, including rocket and missile designators.
Lastly, tying everything together, there is a Tech database, defining basic physical terms, such as "m" for "meter."
We have gone to great pains not only to remove duplicate entries, but also to help design the databases such that you can control which ones to search, helping significantly focus your search results.