Anesthesia is meant to control pain during surgery or other medical procedures. It includes using medicines, and sometimes close monitoring, to keep you comfortable. It can also help control breathing, blood pressure, blood flow, and heart rate and rhythm, when needed.
Traditionally it means the condition of having sensation blocked or temporarily taken away. It is a pharmacological induced and reverse state of loss of responsiveness,or decreased stress response, or all simultaneously.
This Glossary provides you a comprehensive list of 300+ terminologies related to Anesthesia with its short description/meaning, which guides you to understand terms used in Anesthesia.
- No Internet connectivity required
- Search through our database in alphabetical order
- Search keyword using title and application content
- Add term to your favorite list
- Share the term to your friends and family through email, FaceBook and twitter
- Change the font size for better reading experience