PEARSON’S DRUG GUIDE 2012 provides all the information you need for safe, effective drug administration in any setting. This valuable title lists all drugs alphabetically with a comprehensive index that identifies generic, trade, combination and prototype drugs. A unique glossary provides valuable information regarding common assessment findings related to therapeutic effectiveness or ineffectiveness of specific drugs.
This popular guide has been transformed into an easy-to-use handheld application, allowing quick access to valuable information on your mobile device. Each drug monograph provides the necessary information for safe and effective drug administration. The authors recognize that the decision-making process related to drug administration is cyclical, meaning assessments are made both prior to and after drug administration. Thus, nursing diagnoses and interventions may change as a result of an achieved therapeutic effect, therapeutic failure, manifestation of an adverse effect, or demonstration of a learning need. The authors believe that the users of this drug reference will find that the clear and logical design of the drug monographs facilitates decision making and supports the nursing process.
NEW 2012 UPDATES
• 250 Updates — providing the latest information about drug indications, available forms, adverse effects, dosages, and other key issues.
• 16 New monographs — covering new drugs recently approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), with all necessary information for safe and effective administration.
• Revised and updated! IV administration for children — including easy-to-find subheadings for IV preparation and administration of IV medications, helps nurses locate age-appropriate administration information more quickly and easily
• Clearly identifies IV preparation and administration, including push, continuous, or intermittent
• Explains all clinically relevant drug interactions with food, herbals, and other drugs
• Pharmacological classifications paired with therapeutic classifications for every drug monograph for ease of use by clinicians and students alike.
• Dosages for neonates, infants, adolescents, adults, and patients with obesity and renal or hepatic impairment.
• Unique glossary of clinical conditions of their related signs & symptoms
• Offers quick access to clinically-proven interactions with drugs, food, and herbals, adverse side effects, and patient & family teaching information for every drug.
• Classifications and Prototype Drugs
• Pregnancy Category
• Controlled Substances
• Action and Therapeutic Effect
• Uses and Unlabeled Uses
• Contraindications and Cautious Use
• Route and Dosages
• Intravenous Drug Administration
• Adverse Effects
• Nursing Implications
Billie Ann Wilson, RN, PhD
Margaret T. Shannon, RN, PhD
Kelly M. Shields, PharmD
Pearson Nurse's Drug Guide, Copyright Pearson Prentice Hall. All rights reserved.
ABOUT MEDICAL WIZARDS
Medical Wizards provides popular medical reference guides and tools for healthcare professionals. Whether you are a Doctor, Nurse, Physician Assistant, Nursing Assistant, or Medical Student, Medical Wizards has the ideal program for you.
Medical Wizards has a variety of popular programs specifically designed for a wide range of medical specialties, including the award-winning Medical Wizards Toolbox series, Davis Drug Guide, the 5MCC series, and Taber’s. We invite you to try our software and see for yourself why healthcare practitioners are turning to Medical Wizards for their mobile information needs.