Ray tracing through system of optical surfaces.
1) calculates first-order parameters: focal length, location of pupils, magnification, for Finite Conjugates, Object at Infinity, Image at Infinity, or Afocal system.
2) calculates third-order aberration coefficients.
3) plots third-order and exact spot diagrams.
4) plots third-order and exact ray fan diagrams.
5) plots exact ray bundle, distortion plot, tangential and sagittal curvature plots.
6) Computes image geometrical radius, OPD standard deviation, and OPD peak-valley.
7) Computes color spot diagram (for d-line, F,-line and C-line)
8) Paraxial Gaussian beam propagation.
9) Finds best focus plane.
10) plots 1-D OPD profiles, 2-D Wavefront Density, 3-D Wavefront Surface, 1-D PSF profiles, 2-D PSF density, 3-D PSF Surface ,MTF vs Frequency curves and Through-Focus MTF curves.
11) surface type: spherical , asphere and fresnel. (Both Transmissive and Reflecting surfaces)
12) User-defined clear apertures and obstructions.
13) Decenter and tilt surface values.
14) 6-digit glass code lookup via Schott glass catalog.
15) Easy visualization of effect of defocus for all plots via slider.