Herbert F. Blaha: Dictionary for IT-Professionals, German-English/English-German, 2007
The dictionary contains about 30,000 entries and includes all important terms and acronyms in the wide field of information technology.
– Hardware (processors, monitors, input devices, drives, storage, printers, etc.)
– Software (operating systems, programming, application programs, games)
– Information processing
– Data security, data protection
– Data transmission
– Network technology
– Public networks and services (including, for example, telephony, switching technology, ISDN, DSL, Internet, cell phones)
– Fundamentals of electrical and electronic engineering
– Related fields (including environmental protection, ergonomics, quality control, phototypesetting)
Where deemed relevant, short explanations and in-context examples have been included to simplify usage.
About the UniLex-App for iPhone and iPad
- clear and intuitive user interface
- automatic search for all occurences of your search term. Example: searching for "format" will also find "general format" and "formatting".
- filtering function to summarize search results in a list of results
- fast scrolling in an index list
- hyperlinks enable to navigate back and forth between the articles of the dictionary
- display of a list of search results with a up/down page scroll to further results
- two-list-display - headword list and search results - in the iPad-app
- offline usage: the UniLex app needs to be downloaded only once. No further internet/roaming cost will incur on usage.