The Official App for Yellowstone National Park from the Yellowstone Association. Includes all of the essential information you need to know to plan your trip to Yellowstone, or experience the park without leaving the house.
No cell signal? No problem. Everything is accessible without a cell signal for use within the park – even the maps.
• Favorite destinations, and activities available in each place
• Guided video tour of the Upper Geyser Basin
• 15 Favorite walks and hikes in the park
• Stunning photos
• A park map that includes all of the roads and many trails in the park.
• Locations of services within the park such as visitor centers, restrooms and concessions.
• Safety guidelines, and tips – including wildlife viewing information, directions and safety, and much more.
• Complete guide to lodging, dining and shopping in Yellowstone
• Complete list of campgrounds and amenities for car/RV camping in the park
Find things nearby while in the park using “around me” - your GPS location works even without a cell signal.
Save places to your Favorites for trip planning and easy access.
Visit the in-app store to add the Best of Yellowstone bundle to your app, including:
1. Touring Yellowstone - section by section guides to the 5 entrance roads and the 8 sections of the Grand Loop, connecting major attractions like Old Faithful and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. Each point of interest is identified by location, so you can follow along on the map as you go.
2. Favorite Walks & Hikes - 38 Hikes and 12 self-guiding trails around Yellowstone, ranging from easy to difficult. Most are accessible from the main roads.
3. History & Geology - Learn about the natural and human history of Yellowstone. See how the Yellowstone Caldera formed, and identify the different types of thermal features in the park. Trace human history from indigenous peoples to the exploration of the 1800s and the formation of America's first national park.
4. Yellowstone Field Guide - Identify and learn about Yellowstone's wide variety of birds, plants and mammals.
You can buy this book in the park bookstore for $9.95 or add it to your Yellowstone app for $3.99. Either way your purchase goes to benefit Yellowstone National Park!