In Medical terms Radiology is the study of images of the human body. Radiology is the use of radiation for different types of "imaging," including X-rays. Imaging simply means creating an image of the inner configuration of a dense object, such as part of the human body, with the use of radiant energy. Radiology is also sometimes called radioscopy or Clinical Radiology and Imaging includes X-rays, radiant dye, ultrasound, CT scan and MRI.
A Radiologist is a physcian who has become a specialist in Radiology - a medical doctor who has taken additional training of 5 - 6 years after completing Medical or Osteopathic School.
This Glossary provides you a comprehensive list of 400+ terminologies related to Radiology with its short description/meaning, which guides you to understand terms in better way.
- No Internet connectivity required
- Search through our database in alphabetical order
- Search keyword using title and application content
- Add term to your favorite list
- Share the term to your friends and family through email, FaceBook and twitter
- Change the font size for better reading experience