FilmFest™: A festival in your Pocket™; proudly presents DocuWeeks 2011.
IDA’s 15th Annual DocuWeeks™ is a public theatrical exhibition serving to qualify outstanding new feature and short documentaries for Academy Award® consideration. Each year, we are proud to see films nominated from our curated showcase. Since its inception in 1997, 26 films from DocuWeeks™ have been nominated for an Academy Award® with 7 winning the Oscar®.
The FilmFest™ iPhone festival pocket guide is your ticket to exploring each of the screenings at DocuWeeks 2011.
You can read detailed descriptions, view trailers and short films, purchase tickets, invite a friend to a screening, bookmark your favorites and interact with each film on your favorite social networks.
- View trailers and shorts.
- Simple navigation – quickly flick your way through hundreds of films.
- Browse by Day, Title,Program, Category,Country,Director,Genre,Venue
- Unique calendar-based schedule
- Unique InterAct Sharing feature -- interact with each film before, during and after the festival. Invite a friend, view trailers, get social and preview upcoming FilmFest sponsored festivals.
The International Documentary Association (IDA) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that was founded in 1982 to support documentary filmmaking worldwide. At IDA, we believe that the power and artistry of the documentary are vital to cultures and societies globally, and we exist to serve the needs of those who create this art form. Our mission is to provide community, education, specific support services, opportunities and related resources to our clients, the documentary filmmakers.