This app puts your iPhone or iPad on rails and turns it into a camera dolly!
With DollyCam Free you can record videos and then stabilize them to remove camera shake. DollyCam also corrects wobble caused by the camera's rolling shutter. The resulting videos are much smoother than the original recordings and are more pleasant to watch. This free version adds a watermark to all frames of a stabilized video. Note that if you want videos without the watermark, you have to buy the commercial version BEFORE you record them as there is no export functionality at present.
When stabilizing a video black borders might appear. DollyCam solves this problem using two different techniques:
- Zooming: DollyCam chooses a suitable zoom level depending on how your device was moved during recording
- Extrapolation: DollyCam extrapolates each frame of the video to fill the black borders
DollyCam does not remove motion blur. To get the best possible results, record videos in good light conditions.
- Full 30 fps video recording in HD (720p), VGA (480p) and HVGA (360p) resolutions
- Video stabilization
- Rolling shutter correction
- Zoom adaptively to reduce black borders (optional)
- Extrapolation to reduce black borders (optional)
- Export videos to your camera roll (DollyCam Free adds a watermark to all videos)
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPad mini
- iPad Air
DollyCam was developed at Linköping University as a part of the project Virtual Global Shutters for CMOS Cameras. Project homepage: http://www.liu.se/forskning/foass/per-erik-forssen/VGS
Company homepage: http://www.fr-vision.se
Send your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org