Just because the name includes the word "plastic" doesn't mean patients who have this surgery end up with a face full of fake stuff. The name isn't taken from the synthetic substance but from the Greek word plastikos, which means to form or mold (and which gives the material plastic its name as well).
Plastic surgery is a medical specialty concerned with the correction or restoration of form and function. Though cosmetic or aesthetic surgery is the best-known kind of plastic surgery, most plastic surgery is not cosmetic: plastic surgery includes many types of reconstructive surgery, hand surgery, microsurgery, and the treatment of burns.
This Glossary provides you a comprehensive list of 500+ terminologies related to cosmetic/plastic surgery with its short description/meaning, which will increase your interest in the field of plastic surgery.
- No Internet connectivity required
- Search through our database in alphabetical order
- Search using keyword
- Add/Edit Text & Audio notes for selected term.
- Add/zoom photo to Notes
- Add term to your favorite list
- Email term to your friends and family
- Change the font size for better reading experience