Military Aviation Acronyms is a handy pocket reference to the acronyms used in military aviation. It serves as a decoder ring for the myriad of commonly-used (11,000+) acronyms used operationally.
The acronyms have been culled from flight manuals, field manuals, and official glossaries, with an eye toward operational relevance.
This product is an invaluable aid for pilots, students, aviation and space enthusiasts, military historians, anyone working in the aerospace industry, flight-simmers, and anyone visiting aviation or space museums.
In total, there are six databases, which can be turned on and off to help focus searching.
- Military: 8000 terms covering military aviation operations.
- Military Ident: Official US airplane designators and their common names. This database lets you search both ways ((Fighting Falcon to F-16 and F-16 to Fighting Falcon).
- Command: Military organizations and command structures.
- Space Command: Terms used by the US military's space operations, including rocket and missile designators.
- Slang: Common military aviation slang, much of which has found its way into normal procedures. This database also contains aircraft nicknames (as opposed to common names), and lets you search both ways (Lawn Dart to F-16 and F-16 to Lawn Dart).
Lastly, tying everything together, there is a Tech database, defining basic physical terms, such as "m" for "meter."
We have gone to great pains not only to remove duplicate entries, but also to help design the databases such that you can control which ones to search, helping significantly focus your search results.