Everybody loves the Heidi apps! Read reviews here: http://www.justkidsapps.com/heidi-reviews/
If you want the complete story collection, you can either choose to buy the other two parts or buy the Heidi Story Collection in one app. Buying the collection is cheaper than buying the other parts separately, but at 380MB, the app is a large one.
"Peter was thinking to himself, "First, Heidi was taken away to Frankfurt for almost a year, then over the winter all of our time together was either spent in school or in teaching me to read and now she spends all day, every day, with Klara!" He felt angry, jealous and selfish, and people who feel like that often do very foolish things."
Are you looking for a classic, timeless story to share with your children that is also relevant today? Do you want to buy ebooks that:
- deal with topics like the importance of home, family, friendship and loyalty?
- include strong characters, female and male, that model positive behaviours?
- engage as well as educate your kids?
support the development of reading and comprehension skills?
Then look no further than the Heidi apps! For many of us, the name Heidi conjures memories of childhood. This story of a little girl who charms all (or at least most!) of those around her has been working its magic with children for over 130 years. When it was published in 1880, the subtitle of Johanna Spyri's book was "for children and those who love children" and that's just as true today.
Now, in addition to the lovely story, the app version of Heidi includes many elements designed specifically to enchant, engage and educate young readers.
- The beautiful and detailed illustrations by Diana Kizlauskas offer a window for modern children through which they can discover the dress, hairstyles and way of life from a bygone age.
- Every page contains sounds effects and interactive elements.
- The book's colourful characters are brought vividly to life by the voice talent of professional actors.
There are two versions of the story:
- the first version is narrated by Heidi and told from her perspective. This version of the story is designed to be enjoyed by younger children, together with their parents. Text is highlighted as read to support the development of early reading skills.
- The second version is longer and told by a narrator. This is ideally suited to older children to read by themselves, but there is a read to me option to encourage reluctant older readers.
- Both versions of the story are available in English and German and are abridged versions of the original text.
Heidi and Klara is the last of three apps that tell Heidi's story. Heidi has returned home and been reunited with her beloved Grandfather. She starts to attend school in the village and after some coercing, is finally joined there by a very reluctant Peter. Klara comes to visit Heidi for the summer as her doctor is convinced that spending time with her friend in the alps will be good for Klara's health. The two girls spend a wonderful few weeks together but then Peter, in a fit of jealousy, destroys Klara's wheelchair. Klara is so much stronger after her time in the mountains however that, with Heidi and Peter's help, she is able to stand up and take a few steps. Is it possible that she might walk again?
In addition to the story itself, the app includes a 'Bits and Bobs' section which contains the following:
- A spot-the-difference page
- Beautiful Swiss places visited in Heidi's day - and now!
Information about Graubunden, the area of Switzerland Heidi lived in
Animals native to Switzerland
A quiz you can use to test your child's comprehension of the story.