WritePad lets you take notes in your own handwriting with an iPad stylus pen or even your finger. The state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software will adapt and learn your style of writing. You can use simple gestures to select text, cut, copy, paste, and insert special characters.
WritePad has a spell checker with its own custom dictionary, a context analyzer, auto-corrector, and a Shorthand feature that fills-in words and phrases you frequently use, once entered into the Shorthand Editor.
WritePad lets you save and transfer files over Wi-Fi from your iPhone or iPad to another iPhone or iPad.
Even if you are already familiar with handwriting recognition applications, we recommend that you start by reviewing the WritePad Tutorial (http://www.phatware.com/doc/WritePadiPhone/WritePadTutorial.pdf) to take full advantage of all features and options WritePad offers.
Benefits and Features
- Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
- Improve productivity by utilizing inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
- Statistical analyzer, which improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user's own handwriting style.
- Email, Tweet, Print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad.
- Synchronize WritePad documents with Dropbox, Evernote, and iTunes or upload documents to Google Docs.
- Translate documents to 13 supported languages using Bing Translator.
- Change WritePad's appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature.