Touching gives you a voice.
The Touch Voice app gives people who are unable to speak a voice. By touching buttons on the screen the app speaks for you with a human sounding computerized voice.
Touch Voice is a speaking app for persons who have a vocal or speech impairment usually due to a medical condition. By speaking for them, Touch Voice allows them to communicate with family, friends, doctors, nurses and care givers.
Users of Touch Voice can now speak their needs and feelings, reducing stress levels, which can possibly lead to better communications and facilitate care and recovery.
Touch Voice was designed for communication in a hospital setting, convalescent facility, home care or in just any common communication scenario or situation. The Touch Voice app transforms the iPad into an Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) device for those who are unable to produce understandable natural speech on their own.
Touch Voice is useful for “Dysarthria”, a condition in which someone knows the right words but cannot speak them, or vocalize them intelligible.
Medical conditions in which Touch Voice may be able to help people better communicate are: Stroke, ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), traumatic brain injury, Brain tumor, Cerebral palsy, Multiple sclerosis, Ataxia, Laryngeal Cancer and others.
The Touch Voice user interface is optimized for use by those who have mobility and dexterity challenges specifically affecting their ability of targeting and touching communication buttons with their fingers.
OUTSTANDING AAC FEATURES
- Simple easy to use interface for quick touch-vocal communication
- Quick access to 142 common communication phrases
- Male or female computer speech synthesis voice
- Wide volume range adjustable for speaking in noisy environments
- High visibility in low light environments
- Extra-large keyboard size with larger keys and sufficient separation for reducing input errors
- Large immediate speaking Yes and No buttons on every speech input screen
- Ability to concatenate word phrases with keyboard input, thus forming complex sentences easily