We have all been to meetings that, when we left, we knew had been a waste of time. In fact, we can feel as if we spend the majority of our day in meetings. However, few meetings are run as effectively as they could be. We’ll cover the main key considerations, skills and approaches to make sure that the meetings that you run are focused, outcome orientated and focused on getting action.
In this app, you’ll learn how:
1. to run an effective meeting by looking at several different topics:
2. why you are holding a meeting (what’s the meeting’s objective)
3. to scheduling the meeting
4. to set the meeting agenda
5. tasks before the meeting
6. general operations during the meeting
5. basic communication skills for meetings
6. how to work effectively in a meeting
7. what to do after the meeting
Many meetings we attend are unnecessary. In this chapter we’ll look at when it is appropriate to hold a meeting, as well as when it is not. We’ll also talk about the importance of clarifying your meeting’s objectives. Otherwise, why should anyone come if you don’t even know what it is you want them to meet for?