Boliyan Book is a Punjabi wedding song book which provides a simple, step-by-step guide on where and when to sing traditional Punjabi wedding songs and boliyan, and how to sing them using your English pronunciation. This is the app version of this hugely popular book and is the first of its kind in the world.
Boliyan Book contains a comprehensive list of Punjabi wedding songs written in easy to read English phonetics:
- boliyan (pronounced phonetically as boliyah)
- sangeet songs
- dholki songs
- suhag (suhaag)
- ghorhian (khorhiyah)
- tappe (tappeh)
Boliyan Book also covers songs for all of the main wedding events including kudmai (kurmai), chunni, maiyan (maiyah), nanakishak, jago (jaago) and many more.
Boliyah Book at a Glance:
1. Songs written in English phonetics - You don’t need to speak Punjabi in order to sing the songs, just use your English pronunciation and the songs will sound Punjabi.
2. Sections for each event - Organised in a simplistic way, if you need a song for the Jaago ceremony, then go straight to the Jaago section. Easy as that.
3. Event overview - No need to wonder why they put eyeliner on the groom anymore, this book will explain this and much more!
4. Quick Reference Song List - You know the song you want to sing? Find it in the ‘Quick Song List’ which is easily accessible on the tab bar located at the bottom of the app screen.
5. 100 plus songs and lyrics - You’ll never need to sing the same song again.
6. Online Melody Helper - If you don’t know the song, use the Online Melody Helper to listen, learn and practise. No excuse, get singing today!
Boliyan Book makes participating in Punjabi weddings that much easier, making them even more fun for everyone involved. At last we have a book that will help preserve the Punjabi culture for generations to come, all around the world.