I was inspired by the idea of a living photo, something that felt like a video but was as easy to view and share as a normal still photo.
Picflick is the simple solution I came up with. It's easy to create and view photos like this in the app, and you can create your own .gifs in seconds. Look back on your memories and see things as they happened.
Create animated GIFs using your device's camera, or pick from photos you already have in your albums.
GIFs are created on the device; email them to yourself or connect to iTunes and save them to your computer. Nothing's locked up within the app, you can keep the .gifs stored with your other files if you want.
Publish your creation to the picflick site and share the link in seconds; no fees, no accounts, no sign-ups. If you want to share on Tumblr, Twitter, or Facebook, you can do that too.
Tap a photo in the listing to preview it. You can zoom in while watching.
Tap the viewfinder rapidly to capture live action or turn on the overlay to align your shots with precision (you can add a sense of depth to your photos by doing this).
Capture the bustle of the city. Create your own stop motion features. Try your hand at clay-mation. Steady your camera and capture subtle movements such as a flag blowing in the wind. Align your shots to create 3D gifs.
* Create gifs using your camera or using photos from your albums.
* Adjust timing between frames.
* Enable autoreverse to smooth transitions
* Reorder or delete individual frames.
* Add captions to your photos (gif files are named using caption)
* Share your .gif files by email or MMS.
* You can send your .gif file directly to Tumblr if it's under 500kB.
* Publish your .gif to the picflick website and share the link.
* Share via Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, email, or pasteboard.
* Ability to delete published pic from server.
* Enable overlay mode to align camera shots for realistic movement
* Tap a photo in the main listing to preview it - zooming also works
* Several GIF export sizes
* Save gifs directly to your computer with iTunes File Sharing
* Crop and zoom imported album photos.
* Works on iPod touch devices too; create GIFs from your photo library.
I'm publishing moments at http://picflick.tumblr.com
Guaranteed personal support from me. Email me at email@example.com or visit slidetorock.com and use the form.