As an appendant body of Freemasonry, the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite is a part of the largest Fraternal and Philanthropic organization in the world. Our roots in America go back to late 1700s but the organization as we know it today, was formally constituted in 1801. Scottish Rite Masonry in Maryland was first Chartered in 1879 and now has over 5000 members.
It is the mission of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, S.J., to improve its members, and enhance the communities in which they live by teaching and emulating the principles of Brotherly Love, Tolerance, Charity and Truth while actively embracing high social, moral and spiritual values including fellowship, compassion and dedication to God, family and country.
- Fulfill the promise of additional Masonic knowledge through education and training.
- Build a Positive Public Image of Freemasonry and the Scottish Rite.
- Support and expand our philanthropic activities.
- Provide a framework for effective leadership to ensure the stability and long-term success of the Fraternity.
- Provide a financial process to ensure the stability and long-term success of the Fraternity.
The MD AASR application is for for Scottish Rite Freemasons in Maryland to learn more about the organization, find local Valleys, and learn about current events.