Trying to learn the Thai language for your holiday or extended stay in Thailand? Then you may have noticed it is not always easy to figure out how to exactly pronounce a letter or word. For proper pronunciation of the Thai language it is necessary to learn the Thai alphabet and not only rely on ‘karaoke Thai’.
Akson Thai is a great tool for learning the Thai consonants, vowels, tone marks and numbers. Each character is represented on a flashcard with Thai on the front and English on the flip side.
The Thai side has the Thai character, the full Thai name written in Thai, sound by a native Thai speaker of how the character is pronounced, outline of the drawing order and the character displayed in several different fonts that you might come across.
The English flip side has the pronunciation of the character name in ‘karaoke Thai’ using your choice of the most common and useful pronunciation guide systems, a description of the character, the class of the consonants and the length of the vowels.
Once you think you know the characters, the flashcards can be shuffled to test yourself.
**Differences from Akson Thai Lite**
- No ads
- Full access to all flashcard sets like low/mid/high class consonants, vowels, tonemarks, symbols and numbers
- Ability to shuffle the flashcards
- Ability to loop through the flashcard deck
- Ability to choose from 9 Pronunciation Guide Systems instead of being limited to the (not always complete) Thai Government system
- No annoying alerts asking you to upgrade