PortfolioProtectionStrategies provides a detailed analysis of two different option-based strategies that can be used to protect the value of your portfolio. Each resulting scenario is based on the specific characteristics of your portfolio.
Results for both strategies are presented in absolute (total value) and relative (percentage change) terms. Input parameters and the results outlined below are presented:
• a plot comparing protected portfolio vs unprotected portfolio
• option premium range
• number of options needed for the strategy
• net cost (or profit) of required options
• current value range for the protected portfolio
• final value range for the protected portfolio
Portfolio Protection Strategies was written under the supervision of a highly trained finance professional. Portfolio Protection Strategies is a tool that will give you the insight needed to implement your own protective strategy. Portfolio Protection Strategies is intended for informational and educational use only. Decisions affecting your portfolio should be made in consultation with your financial advisor.