VR Mobile is a tool for vibration test and measurement professionals created by Vibration Research Corporation – Innovators in Vibration Control. It contains engineering calculators, a light strobe, a noise SPL meter, and accelerometer. All of this from your mobile device!
- Strobe your device's screen and/or flash LED from 1 - 60 Hz. Strobing helps one to see objects vibrating too fast for the eye to see.
Max Acceleration Calculator:
- Calculate the maximum amount of acceleration that a shaker (from a database or user input) can output based on the mass added to the system.
- Convert Acceleration, Force, Mass, Velocity, and Displacement units to and from common units.
- Based on sinusoidal motion, calculate Acceleration, Frequency, Velocity, and Displacement by inputting any two of these values.
- Pick between two impact types: Plastic or Elastic, and the pulse type. Shock Calculator will find the remaining two values given two inputs: Acceleration, Impact Time, Velocity Change, and Height Change.
- Measure minimum, current, and maximum dB from your mobile device's microphone.
- Measure minimum, current, and maximum acceleration in each of your mobile device's accelerometer axes.
- Zero out acceleration to calibrate for an uneven surface.
-View and control vibration tests directly from your mobile device.
- Watch YouTube videos from VR.
- Visit VR's website.
- View VR's 9500 Revolution Vibration Test Controller, and the ObserVR portable DAQ.
Note: This application uses Google Analytics to anonymously track usage data within the application, which can be disabled in app settings.