ArabBible for iPhone is an innovative and powerful app, designed to help English-speakers interactively learn the Classical Arabic of the Arabic Bible.
• Complete grammatical explanations for every single word in the Arabic New Testament plus 20 Old Testament books (nearly 235,000 words). Tap on any word to find a wealth of lexical and syntactical information. Not only is there a dictionary entry for each word, but contextual details are included as well. Grammatical analysis is something not even the best dictionary can provide.
• Covers the entire New Testament, plus a growing number of crucial Old Testament portions (Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Ruth, Esther, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai and Malachi).
• Back translation into English helps you see the structure of the literal Arabic at a glance. It can immediately remove the confusion involved in understanding a particular verse or word.
• High-quality audio recitation capability for each verse in the New Testament. The Scriptures are carefully read by a native Arabic-speaker.
• Slow down audio recitation to 70% of normal reading speed. Play verse repeatedly.
• Common English versions for comparison to the Arabic: KJV, NKJV, ESV and NIV.
• Verse notes help clarify difficult passages. They also point out important, unusual or interesting issues concerning the verse. Using the notes is like having an Arabic expert sitting right beside you.
• Bookmarks help you quickly jump to your favorite verses, or to those you are currently working on.
FROM A JOURNAL REVIEW...
“ArabBible is the most sophisticated and comprehensive aid available for students of the Arabic New Testament. Packed with features that will enhance any student’s understanding of the Arabic New Testament, ArabBible fills a significant gap in this important area of study.”
FROM A PROFESSOR OF MIDDLE EASTERN STUDIES...
“You can’t imagine how much easier my own Arabic language studies would have been, had I had a tool like ArabBible.”