Discover Antonio López on your iPad as you never imagined! More than 260 of his works, just one click away. Browse chronologically and learn about the evolution of his work throughout his career, arrange his oeuvre according to the various techniques employed or just enjoy every single detail of his most famous works using the Gigapixel viewer.
The Antonio López app includes eleven short, entertaining videos in which Francisco Calvo Serraller, former director of the Museo del Prado, and Guillermo Solana, director of the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, analyze the oeuvre and profile of the La Mancha-born artist and frame it in the context of art history by unveiling all the influences, artistic affinities and keys to its understanding.
Discover also the videos that show the construction of the artist’s public oeuvre (such as the monumental sculpture known as La Mujer de Coslada), which were filmed using the time-lapse technique, and move around the sculptures, making them rotate up to 360º.
The Antonio López app includes the best critical texts written on the artist, including an exclusive text by Miguel Delibes, and more than 200 images and documents regarding his life, as well as a complete descriptive biography and every secret of the workshop in which the master works.
The Antonio López app also allows you to:
• Choose a language: Spanish and English.
• Read texts with hyperlinks in order to enrich the information.
• Discover how a great work of art starts from a pencil sketch, and admire the creation process of more than 20 works.
• Explore the Madrid locations depicted in the artist’s main urban landscapes.
• Access to complete tabs of every single piece of work, featuring detailed images and explaining the relation between the different pieces.
• Customize your experience by marking the works you like best as favourites, and inserting notes about them.
• Share the app and your favourite works via e-mail and Facebook.
• Use a browser for a user-friendly browsing.