LongReach is an application that allows you to create, send and receive files between your IBM i and mobile device.
• A stand alone folder/file creation and manipulation application for iPhone and iPad.
• The support for many file types including photo, picture, movie, audio, geolocation, text, pdf and many more.
• The secure uploading of the data in folders/files from your mobile device to a nominated remote IBM i server’s IFS, with optional notification of successful delivery to the remote IBM i server via a Message Queue.
• The secure downloading of data to your mobile device from folders/files already residing on the nominated remote IBM i server's IFS.
• The “refresh” feature updates the mobile device’s view of files and folders on the remote IBM i server. After refreshing the view, users can choose which folders and files they wish to transfer to the mobile device.
You can install LongReach on as many iPhones and iPads as you like without incurring any cost.
However, if you wish to use LongReach to upload and download folders and files to and from a remote IBM i server, you must install the LongReach server software on the remote IBM i server. This server software is available from www.lansa.com/longreach.