Master pronunciation of the English TH sounds using fun and engaging activities in the Pronunciation Tutor TH app. This is the first app that allows you to visually monitor your own speech production!
- Test how well you can distinguish TH sounds from other potentially confusing sounds (t, d, s, z for example)
- Practice how to distinguish TH sounds from other potentially confusing sounds
- Practice speaking while watching close-up videos of native speakers pronouncing words and phrases
- Self-monitor your own performance -- watch yourself in real-time as you practice speaking
- Over 80 words and phrases for speaking practice...even more for listening practice
The Pronunciation Tutor provides an innovative way to monitor your own speech production. This app lets you visually compare the difference between your speech and lip/tongue position to that of a native speaker by using the iPhone camera. The app shows your own mouth directly below the native speaker mouth demonstrating the proper pronunciation of a word or phrase.
This approach allows you to see, as well as hear, any differences between your speech and that of the native model. There are a few sounds in the English language that are produced with a specific lip/tongue position, a position that is easy to see. TH sounds can be problematic for a number of non-native English speakers and it is a good fit for this kind of visual feedback.
NOTE: The ability to see yourself is available only on devices with a front-facing camera (iPhone 4 or newer, iPad 2 or newer, iPod Touch 4th Generation or newer)