The Wolters Kluwer Bouvier Law Dictionary, Compact Edition
A law dictionary for today’s reader. Download the free version of the Wolters Kluwer Bouvier Law Dictionary app and get access to all A terms in the dictionary. Upgrade to the full version and get access to over 11,000 words and phrases. The app allows you to look up terms instantly using the search feature; take notes on individual terms; bookmark relevant terms and use the flashcard view to help with test prep; share terms, definitions, and audio files via email Facebook, and Twitter; take advantage of the 1,500+ pronunciation files; etc.
Each entry is written to be understood by the modern student, argued by the modern lawyer, and cited by the modern judge. An intuitive structure and thorough cross-referencing makes the first complete revision of this essential dictionary in more than a hundred years accessible and easy to use.
Derived from the famous 1853 law dictionary used by John Marshall, Daniel Webster, and Abraham Lincoln, The Wolters Kluwer Bouvier Law Dictionary has been brought up-to-date by Wolters Kluwer Law & Business and distinguished legal scholar and teacher, Steve Sheppard.
The revised famous text is as relevant today as it was when it first broke ground in American law. Definitions derived from contemporary as well as classic sources give the reference book its depth and authority.
The dictionary has
· 8,500 robust, paragraph-length entries to explain over 11,000 words and phrases.
· Definitions derived from contemporary and classic sources.
With the app, you can
· Bookmark terms for your quick reference.
· Test yourself with flash cards from your bookmarked terms.
· Add your own notes to any entry.
· Build your legal vocabulary with the “Word of the Day” feature.
· Scroll through your recently viewed terms.
· Hear Professor Sheppard pronounce over 1,500 terms and learn lawyer’s Latin.
· Share terms, definitions, and audio files via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
Wolters Kluwer Law & Business is a leading global provider of intelligent information and digital solutions. We connect legal and business professionals, educators and law students with timely, specialized authoritative content and information-enabled solutions that support success through productivity, accuracy, and mobility.