The Pocket Guide UK Weeds is an ideal guide covering 61 common garden weeds for you when out gardening or in the countryside for walkers and ramblers.
Awarded App for Gardening - 2012
• Tap magazines Top 10 Apps
• Sunday Times Top 500 Apps
• Lists 61 weeds found across the United Kingdom
• Includes common and some not so common species
• Straightforward use
• Categorise weeds by Family, Genus, Type, Flowering, Leaf Shape, Colour
• Includes thumbnail images along with Common and Binomial names
• Detail page for every weed with useful information
- nb. Characteristics, alternative names, flowering months etc
• Full colour photo for every weed
• Zoom in by selecting the photo and use pinch to zoom
• Historical or medicinal uses
• Find weeds by text searching or filtering. eg. look for weeds with blue flowers.
- nb. Wildcards are supported, your custom notes can also be searched
• Picture gallery view
- nb. Select image to view detail page
• Unique Colour finder, find by flowering colour
• Unique Leaf shape selector covering, Shape, Size, Edge, Type
• Specialised Glossary
• Website and Useful Reference List
• Locate some entries on an interactive map, eg. KEW Gardens, Millennium Seed Bank, Eden Project.
- nb. More locations will be added as we continue to develop this app further.
• Some information provided on herbicides, health & safety etc
• Easily bookmark search results or individual entries to the bookmark view
• Add your own Custom Notes to ANY entry with the handy edit feature
• Twitter and Facebook post notes to your wall or feed
Other useful utilities are included to help when you are out Gardening or Rambling such as
• A Range and Height Finder.
• UK day and night weather prediction view for around the next 5 days.
- nb. use the map to set the location pin.
• Moon phases for the next 70 days.
- nb. Northern Hemisphere only.
• Sunrise/Sunset, Moon Rise/Set and Twilight Start/Set.
- nb. set your location on the map and GMT offset as required.
• Information about herbicides as well as traditional uses of weeds are for reference only and should not be taken as a definitive guide. If in doubt you should always seek expert advice before consuming plants or handling and using herbicides or garden equipment.
Installing the data
• CHECK DATABASE function to install or update data as necessary.
Please contact us to discuss the app, ask support questions or make suggestions for improvements using any of the following.
• Webpage Contact Us Support Form
• In App Contact Us Support Email
• Support Email Address
• Support via DIscussion and Forums
• This app DOES NOT require an internet connection to work for most features.
• The guide DOES NOT contain every possible plant that might be found in a garden.
• Please let us know if we have missed any typical UK weeds that would be useful to you so that we can add them in later versions.
• We are happy to consider including new features and any locations for the interactive maps in future releases.
• All images are saved to the applications library/plists folders for reuse as required by associated license agreement where stated, where no license is stated image reuse is not permitted please contact the developers to discuss.
• We cannot answer your questions or comments on the appstore.
• Please contact us directly with any support questions or issues.
• Unfortunately we are not able to provide a plant recognition service.