Over a year ago, we set out to develop the absolute best historical earthquake app available for the iPhone. Every other earthquake app showed only a few days of data with limited mapping or filtering options. We went to work....
That was over two years ago, and today, if you want to look at the initial Haiti earthquake event and subsequent aftershocks on an iPhone, Earthquake Alerts is absolutely your best answer. It's also the ONLY WAY TO SEE the initial M8.8 CHILE EARTHQUAKE and its HUNDREDS of subsequent aftershocks on an iPhone. The Japanese earthquakes that caused the March 11th tsunami that badly damaged the Fukushima nuclear plant are also available.
Earthquake Alerts has nearly a million earthquakes in its worldwide databases, updated every minute. More than 30 years of historical earthquake information is now searchable and available in the palm of your hand. Other earthquake apps show only 7 days of data... Why not see the whole picture?
See results in Map or List views. Filter results alphabetically, or by magnitude, proximity, or date and time. Save areas of interest for future reference. Search broadly by Region or specifically by City with more than 300,000 cities available.
***AWESOME NEW FEATURE****
Earthquake Alerts now incorporates up-to-the-minute Earthquake related news curated and aggregated in one spot, always at your fingertips! Search a year's worth of news stories by keyword and read articles that you might never knew existed.
Earthquake Alerts Standard Features
* GPS Location Services provide your current location and display up to 1,000 earthquakes.
* Historical worldwide earthquake data from multiple sources dating back to 1973.
* Historical, searchable earthquake related news stories.
* Earthquake updates are provided automatically as new events occur.
* Tap a pushpin to see earthquake details including location, date and time.
* Also see magnitude, depth, distance from your location, and more.
* Manual Refresh enables you to pan, zoom, and refresh the map on demand.
* Search for other locations by Region or City name with automatic lookups.
* Display earthquake information for a city, state, country, or worldwide.
* Browse historical earthquake facts in “Did You Know?”
* Use Settings to create defaults for data presentation by year, magnitude, and number of earthquakes displayed.
We deliver the Most Earthquake Data
* See more than 30 years of earthquake data.
* The National Earthquake Information Center locates more than 20,000 earthquakes each year. All are visible within our application, historically, for over 30 years!