This App is all about giving you all the weather forecast parameters you need for a complete 7 day forecast. No frills, No ads, No smiling sunshine or umbrellas wearing galoshes. Display the weather forecast in a graphical manner for locations anywhere in the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, and Guam. Display the forecast parameters you are interested in, and only the parameters you are interested in.
* All forecast information on one page.
* You pick which forecast parameters to display.
* Display NWS Radar that is closest to your forecast point.
* Forecast data from the National Weather Service.
* Detailed hourly weather includes all weather parameters.
* Includes wave height for coastal areas.
* Map interface to select any point in the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, or Guam.
* Type in an address and zoom to that location.
* Get a Forecast for a point by zip code, city name, or full address
* Hit the current location button and get a forecast for the current location of the phone.
* Keep a list of your favorite locations (city, park, or your favorite backcountry location).
* Your location or what you ask for is never collected by anybody. I don't want to know where or why you want a forecast, that is for you to decide and you alone.
* Sunrise/set for your selected location, or anyplace on the face of the earth.
The country is covered by a 5 kilometer grid with a unique forecast over each 5 kilometer square. If there is a long fuse Watch/Warning/Advisory in effect for your location, touch the red rectangle and display the hazard in the web browser. Display the weather parameters you want including Temperature, Dew Point, Apparent Temperature (wind chill or heat index), Relative Humidity, Probability Of measurable Precipitation, Wave Height (over coastal areas), Wind, Cloud cover, Rain and Snow amounts. Choose one, or all of the parameters, the choice is yours.
The forecast from this app comes from the best forecast source, the National Weather Service. If you want a forecast away from major population centers, this is the app to get. There is no interpolation from one city to another. This app gets its data from the National Weather Service where they produce a grid of forecast elements that take into account, elevation and proximity to water bodies. Each 5km grid point has its own unique forecast produced by meteorologists that pour over hundreds of observations nearby to get the best forecast possible for each point.
No ads ever. Just a weather forecast with numbers on a graph so you can see the trend over a 7 day period.