A select guidebook for rock climbing in North Wales by Mark Reeves, published on theSend topo app platform.
This guide covers selected classic rock routes of the North Wales area from the sea cliffs of Gogarth to the mountains of Snowdonia. The areas covered are:
- Llanberis Pass
- Ogwen Valley
- North Wales Limestone
At present the guide contains over 750 routes across 165 topos covering 7 major climbing areas in North Wales, the free taster app includes details of the sport and traditional climbing in Vivian Quarry on the Llanberis slate. You can review the areas, crags and routes covered on the supporting website at http://theSend.co.uk/NorthWalesRock/ or from the 'About' section of the taster app.
- a general introduction to the climbing in this area.
- crag search and maps for the whole guide, area by area and crag level.
- detailed crag info including parking, access and approach information.
- detailed sector information.
- interactive sector by sector topos showing both the sport and traditional climbing
- up to date routes and problems lists with full descriptions
- route info selection from the routes listing, route badges and swipe navigation.
- online map showing your location relative to the crag
- area by area sketch maps for for full offline use
- split parking and crag map pins when the map is zoomed in, with directions from your current location available from the parking pin.
Please note that in order to keep the iTunes file size small, the app isn't preloaded with any of the topo images. You can download these in one go when the app loads or later from the 'Check for Updates' link on the home screen. If your connection is interrupted you can resume your download as often as you wish from the 'Updates' screen until you have received all of the images.