“An intuitive planetarium app.” —Sky & Telescope, July 2012. Ever wonder why so many astronomy apps are so complex? We do. So we made Classic Sky Map simple and intuitive enough for anyone to enjoy. The interface is straightforward, the controls are easy to use and most settings are just a click or two away. Classic Sky Map shows you thousands of the brightest stars, the Moon, the planets of our solar system, meteor showers and more, and gives you a quick view of current eclipses and other sky events. And it's painless.
- Live Tracking. When Live Tracking is turned on, the sky map scrolls automatically as you point your device toward the sky. If your device has a compass, Classic Sky Map uses it to set the scrolling position. If not, you can still scroll by rotating your device, without touching the screen.
- Full Screen. Want the sky map to take up the whole screen? Activate Classic Sky Map's full screen mode and the controls disappear, giving you a beautiful, wider view of the night sky.
- Night Vision. Classic Sky Map's night vision mode helps you minimize loss of dark adaptation. And we went the extra mile to make it look great.
- Options at your fingertips. Classic Sky Map gives you quick and easy access to the options you need. Set the observation time and location or change the display options in just a few clicks. And if you allow it, Classic Sky Map will even detect your device's current location automatically.
- Quick Help. Should you have any questions while using Classic Sky Map, the concise, illustrated user guide will help answer them quickly. Just press Help.
But wait, there's more. Classic Sky Map lets you search sky maps, share them with your friends, create customized viewing locations and much more. Have fun!