★★★ Listed in "App Store Essentials Cooking" in May/July 2012
★★★ Bestseller #7 in "Food & Drink" Category in Germany
Mom’s Egg Cooker HD helps you prepare the perfect breakfast egg. Just enter the size of the egg and the way you like your egg and start the timer. Mom’s Egg Cooker HD is nice to look at, easy to use and delivers excellent results.
★ Mom’s Egg Cooker HD is designed for iPad ★
★ Retina Display support for the new iPad ★
★ Runs also in the background ★
We ran a series of tests to make sure that your eggs turn out perfectly using the egg cooker. We tried using different pots, eggs of different sizes and stoves.
Everybody gets their egg just the way they like it. You can prepare soft-boiled, medium-boiled, and hard-boiled eggs together in the same pot. This app will let you know when to take each egg out of the water.
* Calculates the exact cooking time for your egg
* You can enter the size of the egg according to the label of the package
* You can define whether the egg has been stored in the refrigerator or not
* Helps you prepare soft-boiled, medium-boiled, and hard-boiled eggs
* App can be run in the background
* Finetuning of cooking times possible
* Supports altitude measurement
* It allows you to boil different kinds of breakfast eggs in one pot, e.g. a hard-boiled and a soft-boiled egg
* Comes with the original egg cooker sound
* Twitter support (requires iOS 5 or higher)
* Features a nice animation during the cooking process
* Gives you exact information about the current cooking process
* Comes with precise instructions for your perfect breakfast egg
* Notifies you when your egg is done (alarm sound)
1. Fill a pot with water (ca. 5 cm)
2. Bring water to a boil
3. Make a pinprick in the rounded end of the eggshell
4. Lower the egg into the boiling water
5. Start the egg-timer
6. When the alarm goes off, hold the egg under cold running water
Obviously, every one of us has a personal preference as to how we like our eggs cooked. For some people a medium-boiled egg has to cook for 7 minutes, for others 7,5 or 6,5 minutes. We tried to find timings that accommodate most people. Please let us know if you didn’t like the way your eggs turned out. Improving this app for you is very important to us. Please write us your ideas. We will read every single email, but unfortunately we can’t respond to all of them.
Follow us on twitter: @MomsEggCooker
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Make a pinprick:
Making a pinprick in the rounded end of the eggshell
will keep the egg from cracking
- Start the egg cooker:
For a perfect result, start the timer immediately after having lowered the egg into boiling water.
- End the egg cooker:
When the alarm goes off, take the egg out of the pot and hold the egg under cold running water immediately. That way you end the cooking process right away and the egg will not lose its softness.
Have fun preparing your breakfast eggs and enjoy!!