"EMDR For Clinicians Basic" is the intro-level clinician-grade EMDR application for iOS platorms. We have designed this application from the ground up to allow for optimum ergonomics and ease-of-use in real world clinical settings.
NOTE: This application is appropriate for clinicians who are newly certified in EMDR. For more experienced clinicians, we recommend “EMDR For Clinicians PRO”. This basic version of the app features a lower maximum tone speed, which is easier for clinicians new to EMDR to control.
“EMDR for Clinicians Basic” can be used with any set of headphones, or can be plugged into computer speakers. It features adjustable frequency tones, synthesized especially EMDR use, as well as an adjustable volume.
The application displays the duration of each reprocessing set, in seconds, for easier note-taking, and when stopped, the duration counter does not immediately return to zero, allowing the clinician to ergonomically make note of the duration of the reprocessing set.
Background on EMDR: EMDR is a model of psychotherapy that has been demonstrated in many studies to be highly effective at treating the symptoms of trauma and other psychological issues. EMDR uses a structured eight-phase psychotheraputic approach which addresses the past, present, and future aspects of dysfunctionally stored memory. During the processing phases of EMDR, the client attends to the disturbing memory in multiple brief sets of about 15–30 seconds, while simultaneously focusing on the dual attention stimulus. Following each set of such dual attention, the client is asked what associative information was elicited during the procedure.
Note: This application is for use only by clinicians who have received appropriate training in EMDR.
· “EMDR for Clinicians Basic” can be used with any set of headphones, or can be plugged into computer speakers.
· Adjustable frequency tones designed for EMDR.
· Adjustable volume.
· Displays the duration of each reprocessing set, in seconds.
Instructions for use:
Please Note: this application is designed only for use by properly trained clinicians.
1. Purchase “EMDR for Clinicians” application from iTunes store (for your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch).
2. Launch the “EMDR for Clinicians” application.
3. Plug your headphones (any kind) into the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch. “EMDR for Clinicians” can also be used with computer speakers.
4. Set the bilateral tone speed by using the Speed Bar (“Slow/Fast”).
5. Set the bilateral tone volume by using the Volume Bar (“Quiet/Loud”).
6. Give the headphones to the person who will be receiving the bilateral audio stimulation.
7. Press the green Start/Stop button to start the bilateral sounds. The counter will display the duration of each reprocessing set, in seconds.
8. Press the red Start/Stop button to stop the bilateral sounds. The counter will continue to display the duration of the last reprocessing set until a new set is started.