This mobile field guide for the butterflies of Singapore from the Nature Society (Singapore) features 440 awe-inspiring butterfly photographs from all six butterfly families (Papilionidae, Pieridae, Nymphalidae, Riodinidae, Lycaenidae and Hesperiidae) found in Singapore. All photographs were selected for their distinctive features to facilitate identification. Species known to be dimorphic have pictures of both genders shown while the different forms of a polymorphic species are highlighted as well.
Feature list :
- Four easy to use navigation views – List, Thumbnail, Gallery and Family views
- Narrow down browsing list by habitat, butterfly characteristics such as eyespots and tails using filters
- Search by common name, scientific name, colour, abundance, size, habitat and flight speed
- Show Similar feature displays only similar looking species
- Compare feature shows two photos side by side with synchronized pan and zoom
- Survey feature and personal life list embedded with automatic time stamp and GPS coordinates
- Once installed, application does not need a mobile or internet signal.