This dictionary was specifically designed to respond to the requirements of young learners, aged from 8 to 12, who are just starting to need a bilingual dictionary for their English lessons.
• 19,600 entries and 25,400 translations
• 2 859 idioms and 15 500 examples
• Special attention to American English
• Conjugation tables
• Two colour lay out for an easy understanding
Search and translate features:
• New for iOS 8: You can now look up words while reading in Safari. Highlight any text and send it to the dictionary via the “Share” button. Please first enable the dictionary as a Safari 'extension'.
• New multiple clipboard look-up! You can now copy as many words as you need while reading – even the whole text, - switch back to the dictionary app and view all the relevant dictionary entries one-by-one.
• The full text search feature helps you find precise word translations by returning a number of usage examples from a list of entries containing your query, regardless of word form.
• PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support.
• Contextual menu (View, Morphology Module, Pronounce).
• Improved browsing capabilities through word list and Search History.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Morphology modules to translate words in any grammatical form.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Search for anagrams.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Flash Card Quiz enables you to add new words to flash cards and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• Handy Converter support.
• New! Graphics fully adapted for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
• New! App startup has got 3 times faster!
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Search History can be browsed through or deleted in full.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
VOX imprint is a renowned specialist in Spanish language, but also in bilingual dictionaries to other languages.
Our range of Spanish dictionaries covers the specific needs of users from primary school through secondary and higher education, without forgetting the general dictionary buying public.
We make lexicographical research (new words and senses, use of Spanish language in Latin America) to create the best pan Hispanic dictionaries.