Precise, intuitive and clear, Doctot sMMSE provides medical practitioners with a highly efficient and easy-to-use tool to perform the standardised Mini Mental State Examination, which helps them to diagnose Dementia in patients.
Everything a clinician needs to perform the aforementioned assessment is included within this App. Such includes:
- Initial instructions on setting up the assessment
- Instructions on how to perform each element of the assessment
- Hints as to preferred answers
- Images to display to the patient for identification/reading
- 'Spelling Words Backwards' algorithm
- Finger tracing surfaces to mimic writing and drawing tasks
The sMMSE assessment scale within the App is presented in a wizard format, which enables the user to quickly and easily navigate through the interview components to record a patient's status. The tool automatically generates the scale total and categorises this score - based upon the user's input.
The scale also has an "Information" section to provide the user with background details, as well as a "Help" section that offers usability assistance.
Further Doctot sMMSE features include:
- a Patient Results Management System (e.g. Save, Delete & Sort options)
- the Automatic Email Generation of each patient assessment result
- Shake-to-Reset Scale functionality
- PIN Protection for security purposes
This App, which provides current, specific and trustworthy medical information is currently available for download on iTunes.
Doctot sMMSE is reproduced and validated with kind thanks to Prof. William Molloy, Chair of the Centre of Gerontology and Rehabilitation, UCC, Cork, Ireland.
Doctot sMMSE is kindly supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Lundbeck.