Noise Immission Analyzer – measure noise as precisely as with your ear!
***c't number 11/2012, page 26. The testing conclusion is, that measurements with the Noise Immission Analyzer "lead to amazing precise results". ***
*** The testing conclusion of chip.de is: "For a price of 2,39 € you will get a sound pressure level measurement tool with an accuracy, which has no comparison in the AppStore." (10.05.2012). ***
The human ear works 24 hours a day and registers all types of noise on every sound level. Whether these sounds are enjoyable or not, is a question each must decide for themselves but the sound level plays a central role in this process. But how loud is it really?
Rustling leaves, conversations in the office, construction sites, aircraft noise and rock concerts: Measure the sound level around you with the Noise Immission Analyzer! Are you an enthusiastic motorbike or car tuner? Measure the sound level of your vehicle instantly before going to the vehicle inspection! Are you a DJ and want to know how loud your music is? There are limitless possibilities to measure noise!
The sound pressure level is measured in dB(A) with the aid of the built-in microphone. By means of our special algorithms that requires at least an iPhone type 4, the measurements are extremely precise (comparable with a professional measuring tool).
How to use:
For most accurate results hold the iPhone upside down (home button up) in order not to cover the microphone. This app is intuitive to use with instant measuring results.
- Measure the current sound pressure level (L(A))
- Measure the average sound pressure level over time (Leq(A))
- Peak and Peak-Hold function
- A-weighting filter (dB(A)), which approximates the frequency sensitivity of the human ear
- Picture display of a comparable noise situation (e.g. picture of airplane when noise is near 110 dB(A)) and option for an individual photo and note
- Possibility to erasing individual measurement
- Unlimited memory slots for your measurements
- Calibration menu
- Share your results on Facebook, Twitter or E-Mail!