Get the latest information and resources for living in Japan.
Japanese phrases and vocabulary for everyday living are right at your fingertips.
Tools to help you throughout your stay; like the Japanese Year Converter and Unit Converter.
This app was made to make your life in Japan easier and less stressful, whether you’re a JET Programme participant or just an English speaking foreign national living in Japan!
You’ll be reaching for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch all the time, knowing that this convenient app has all the information you’ll need for useful resource information, ways to Connect to AJET for their magazine, news and peer support, as well as a variety of handy Japanese language tools and phrases that you’ll need on-the-go! You’ll also appreciate the retina graphics on iPhone, iPod Touch and the new iPad!
It’s all broken down into three categories:
- Download the AJET Connect magazine right onto your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and save them to iBooks or another app
- Get information on-the-go from AJET’s Peer Support Group regarding referrals or confidential support and even call them directly from your iPhone
- Events Across Japan calendar you can also subscribe to
- AJET.net Website RSS Feed
- Mail the AJET council with your questions and opinions
- Phone numbers and what to say if you have to call the Police or Fire Departments
- Important contact information for JETs, including: Embassies in Japan, CLAIR, and Country codes for dialing outside of Japan
- You can even call these numbers directly from your iPhone!
- Using transportation around Japan
- Traveling in and out of Japan and other travel tips
- Train and subway maps in English
- Unit Converter, for when you’re in a pinch
- Shoe, clothing and cooking conversion charts.
- And more
We've broken down Japanese language guides into a variety of quick and useful categories including:
- Medical Terms and Useful Medical Phrases
- Food items, labels and nutrition terms
- Common Phrases
- ATM Vocabulary
- Labels and Buttons
- And more
We've also included charts for quick reference like:
- Road Signs in Japan
- Clothing/Wash Labels
- Hiragana and Katakana Charts
- Tool to convert Western years into Japanese years and back (Heisei, Showa)
We hope that this app will make your life in Japan easier and more fun! We’re just getting started, so we need your help! So please, email us with your suggestions, ideas, or comments so that we can make this app serve you better.
Note: Some features require Internet access to function; additional fees may apply depending on your carrier’s data plan. Phone calls will be charged by your carrier according to your voice plan agreement.