漢字~汉字: Learn 10,000 Chinese characters and vocabulary items in Mandarin Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
The UBC Chinese Character Tool app helps learners read and write 10,000 Chinese characters (漢字~汉字: hanzi~kanji~한자). It offers character instruction resources for Mandarin, Japanese and Korean.
The app has been developed by the Dept. of Asian Studies at the University of British Columbia (UBC). Consistently ranked among the 40 best universities of the world, UBC is a global centre for research and teaching and a world leader in Asian Studies.
• Access all essential 漢字~汉字 Chinese character information at a glance for Chinese characters in Mandarin, Japanese and Korean
• Practice writing more than 5,000 漢字~汉字 Chinese characters with a stylus or your finger on your mobile device.
• Includes thousands of sino-vocabulary items and example sentences
• Toggle between Mandarin (hanzi), Japanese (kanji) and Korean (한자) Chinese character information
• Supports UBC’s Chinese, Japanese and Korean courses along with popular textbooks for Japanese (Genki; An Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese; Nihongo o Hanasoo) and Mandarin (A Primer for Advanced Chinese Learners; Bridge; Integrated Chinese; Reading into a New China; Beyond the Basics)
• Search characters by multiple indexes: Pinyin, Hiragana, hangeul (한글) and Radical
• 中日韓 cross-referencing: Sino-vocabulary items are cross-referenced between Mandarin, Japanese and Korean
• View and customize color-coded stroke order animations for more than 5,000 漢字 ~汉字 Chinese characters
• Supports traditional and simplified characters
• Convenient Dashboard allows easy access to all functions from one site
Some of the features requires internet connectivity. Audio will be supported in a future version. The sino-vocabulary databases are undergoing constant revision and expansion.
Learn more at: http://m.ubccjk.com