Encourage your preschooler to build reading and phonics skills with the Word Walk series of interactive e-book apps for iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. The Word Walk series was created by a mom who wants to create quality apps to help teach her own preschooler to read.
Toddler-tested, parent-approved – this app also promotes reading in young children with picture-word association. When your child touches our illustrations, descriptive words appear and are spoken.
Learning vowel sounds and sight words are important steps to early reading. As our main character, Jake, goes through the steps of his evening routine, the book repeats the “short u” vowel sound. Jake fills his tummy with supper, has a scrub in the tub, and snuggles with his pup. This book also incorporates many frequently-used sight words to help kids gain confidence reading.
* Builds reading and phonics skills: vowel sounds, sight words, picture-word association
* Word highlighting draw attention to the text to teach reading
* Created by the parents of an app-loving preschooler
* Tested by kids
* 3 modes: Autoplay (Plays like a movie with automatic narration and page turns), Read to Me (Automatic narration and manual page turns), Read Myself (Manual narration and page turns)
* Interactive elements: when you tap on pictures, words appear and are spoken
* Whimsical illustrations
* Audio narration
* Background audio
* Universal app optimized for iPhone and iPad