iRSVP is a reading tool that allows one to increase his or her reading speed. As its name suggests, it implements the idea of RSVP, or Rapid Serial Visual Presentation.
Instead of traditional line-by-line reading, RSVP focuses on each word, one at a time. You can train your attention on the same area of the screen, and each word will rapidly be replaced by the next. In one study conducted by Carnegie Mellon, it was found that some subjects could read as many as 12 words per second using RSVP.
* Adjustable reading speed with fine-grained control
* Adjustable punctuation delay for better comprehension
* Customize text color, background, and font
* Optional full-screen distraction-free reading
* Optional flickering for better comprehension
* Wide variety of supported formats (see below)
* Add new files through iTunes, Safari, DropBox, or from email attachments
* Download eBooks directly in the app from Project Gutenberg and other sources
* Create new files manually or from the clipboard
* Fine-grained progress indicator and the ability to jump to any point in a text
* Reading progress saved per-file
* Add custom bookmarks to jump to saved points in a file
* File management (create, rename, delete, reset progress, jump-to-percentage)
TXT, EPUB, RTF, DOC, DOCX, and limited support for PAGES '09 and PDFs