With the Langenscheidt Expert Dictionary, you’ll always have a reliable and extensive reference work to hand. Ideal for professional translations at work or college, as well as for travel and everyday use.
Dictionary Langenscheidt Expert English:
• Around 1,180,000 headwords, expressions and translations
• Translates from and into German (German-English and English-German)
• Up-to-date vocabulary from all general language style levels
• Extensive specialist terminology from all major fields (like economics, engineering, science, law etc.)
• Additional information: examples of use, indicators showing distinctions between various meanings, grammar explanations
• A comprehensive reference work for professional translations at the workplace , for teachers and students
• New! Native iOS 8 support.
• Copy / Paste.
• No Internet connection necessary: dictionary can be used in flight mode, no roaming charges abroad.
• Recordings by native speakers.
• Search for anagrams (e. g. tab-bat).
• Full-text search: Find examples with perfect ease.
• List of similar words produced if search item spelled incorrectly.
• Wildcard search finds entries even when correct spelling is not known.
• Full search history available.
• Inflexion function for search words in all grammatical forms.
• Quiz for vocabulary learning.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Choose your own display options: menus, fonts, colours, etc.
• Links for translating items within entries.
• Improved menu navigation.
• Keep up to date: subscribe to our newsletter, become a fan on Facebook and a follower on Twitter.
About Langenscheidt Publishing Group
The Langenscheidt Publishing Group is best known for its area of core competence: dictionaries and language learning material in various formats and on diverse media. Langenscheidt sets the highest editorial and production standards for all the products it publishes. The corporate logo, a blue “L” on a yellow background, is instantly recognized by many people all over the world.