• Finnish Version of Word Wizard app called "Speak ‘N Spell for the iPad Generation" by the New-York Times & featured by Apple
Finnish Word Wizard is a unique app that lets kids hear the sounds of Finnish letters and words using a talking movable alphabet. Featuring advanced text to speech capabilities, the app can pronounce an unlimited number of original Finnish words.
Finnish Word Wizard also provides spelling practice with a list of the 900 most used words, and the best is that you can add your own words to create any spelling quiz.
Note that this is an immersive Finnish app - no translation is provided except for menus.
The Talking Movable Alphabet comes with the following features and options:
• Pronounce and spell-check any word
• Natural Sounding Voice
• Alphabetic or Qwerty Keyboard
• Phonics or letter name when a letter is touched in the alphabet
• Optional magnetic grid to ease letters placement
• Uppercase or lowercase letters
• Keyboard emulation option (dragging letters is then optional)
• 4 letter sizes available (allowing more or less letters on the board)
• Voice Transformer (speed,tone) for added fun
• 2 backgrounds
• You can even customize pronunciation of any word (sometimes useful for names of family members)
• ... and a lot of others options to fit your needs
• Fun Spelling Quizzes Activity •
• Built-in word lists with the 900 most used words in Finnish
• Create custom word lists by entering your own words and sentences - and you can even share your word lists
• Hints are available if kids don’t know how to spell a word
• Nice animations are displayed when a word is completed
• Once a quiz is completed, a report is displayed and fun interactive animations are available as a reward
Finnish Word Wizard is a universal application that can be used on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad (without requiring the user to purchase it twice).
Please send your suggestions, comment or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are listening to our users to make our products even better.
Thanks to Esa from iDevBooks for its help