This is a no-frills version of the popular past-time of finding words in a puzzle grid of letters - typically known as word find or word search games.
Word iPhind 2 provides:
- a clean interface so you can concentrate on the game
- very responsive selection of letters
- unlimited new games created with existing lists
- 30 different word lists included
- unlimited word lists and ability to create your own
- a flexible grid of letters make up the puzzle
- ability to change the size of letters on the game board
- highlighting of the letters as you choose them
- the chosen letters also show at the top of the game
- the next word that needs to be found (alphabetically) is always shown on the upper right side of the game
- a button to find the next word for you - when you become stuck (20 'finds' included in download)
- ability to purchase additional blocks of 20 'finds'
We have spent an enormous amount of time on the user interface of the game - to make it smooth and responsive to choosing words. Our logic keeps track of what direction your finger is moving and selects letters in the appropriate direction.
Just as much time has gone into game creation logic - paying attention to creating randomly generated game boards that change the priority for word placement direction, the number of times a given direction is used and the cross-sectioning of words against each other.
Even if you use the same list of words over and over, each new game will be completely different.
For those with vision impairments - you have the ability to change the game board letters to an EXTRA LARGE font on the iPad
For kids.... A Learning Tool !!! use the ability to create your own lists - create smaller word lists with just a few words.... change the letter size to the biggest allowed for your device..... and this becomes a learning tool !
We have spent a lot of time making this a pleasant game experience that is with you for those 'free' moments when you need something to pass the time.
Enjoy ! and Thanks !
P.S. Press the i button in the lower right of each screen for instructions if you need them.