SLATE contemporary gallery
Founded in 2009 in a Victorian storefront in Temescal, SLATE contemporary is now located in the heart of Oakland's Uptown gallery district, on 25th street. SLATE curates six solo and two-person exhibitions, and one themed group exhibition, each year. The gallery features work by a core stable of Bay Area emerging and mid-career painters and photographers, but brings in artists working in other media and artists from other cities on occasion.
We favor work that has a strong formal aspect and an intellectual component.
Slate Gallery App
The Slate Gallery app provides users with access to the entire stable of Slate Gallery artists and their work. This is an interactive art experience that offers art lovers and collectors the opportunity to learn more about Slate artists and their art from the privacy of their iPad.
• Browse by artist or genre (Paintings, Photography, Other Media)
• More than 15 artists featured
• Pinch or zoom in on hi-res images for closer detail
• View artist galleries for more info such as CVs
• Detail overlay provides dimensions for all pieces
• Email gallery directly about a specific painting or photo
• Share your favorite via Facebook and Twitter
• Find out bio info on artists and view their CV’s
• Get information on news and
• Browse Slate’s Twitter stream
This app was designed and developed by ArtKollect