‘CKD Calculator’ is an application for calculate eGFR and forecast the progression of kidney disease. It needs a little medical knowledge to make the fullest use of this application. But, I believe it is useful for medical staffs in examining patients.
In ‘eGFR Calculator’, you can select the race (Japanese ,black or others), gender, measurement method of serum Cre ( enzymatic method or Jaffe’s method), input the age (20-90 years old) and recent Cre (0.5-15.0 mg/dL) to calculate eGFR with the most appropriate equation.
· In case of Japanese, JSN-CKDI equation is applied.
· In case of black people or others, IDMS-MDRD equation is applied.
In ‘CKD Forecaster’, you can input the past data (within 3 years) of serum Cre and assay date to forecast the progression of kidney disease in 5 years. To forecast as accurately as possible, it needs at least 5 points of data and 10 points at the maximum. But, please note that the result is based on the past data and will vary according to the coming treatment or complications.
- Notice -
· Tap the ‘DONE’ button after you fill the cell.
· The ‘ √ ’ means that segment has been filled. But, you can edit or delete it at any time.
· If you want to clear all the data you inputted, quit the application and restart it.
- Equations –
· JSN-CKDI equation : eGFR = 194 x Age^-0.287 x Cre^-1.094 (x 0.739 ; if female)
· IDMS-MDRD equation : eGFR = 175 x Age^-0.203 x Cre^-1.154 (x 0.724 ; if female) (x 1.212 ; if black people)
· Cre(Jaffe’s Method)=Cre(enzymatic method) + 0.2
- CKD Forecaster –
The forecaster utilizes 1/cre plots and simple linear regression to forecast the future date (year/month) with progressed CKD.
===== Update Log ====
*** Version 1.1 ***
- Optimized for iPad.
- Adapt to the newest guidelines (2012).
- Expand the limits of the ‘Age’ to 18-90 years old.
- Change the ‘Date’ in the report of forecaster to ‘Year/Month’.
- Improvements in user interface.
*** Version 1.2 ***
- The risk table of GFR/albuminuria(or proteinuria) was added. (Tap the info button beside the “Calculation” button.)
Reference : JSN CKD guideline (for Japanese), KDIGO CKD guideline (for blacks and other races)
*** Version 1.3 ***
- Change appearance of interface.
- ‘Recent Cre’ in ‘CKD forecaster’ will be detected automatically from the data inputed in the segments. It becomes unnecessary to input ‘Cre’ to ‘eGFR Calculator’ if you only use ‘CKD Forecaster’.
- In ‘CKD Forecaster’, next vacant segment will be detected automatically after entering the data and tapping the ‘Input’ button.
- Pinch out function is added in ‘Risk Table’ view. (only iPhone/iPod touch)
*** Version 1.4 ***
- A new feature ‘Figure & Slider’ was added. On the figure of 1/cre plots and simple linear regression, you can use the slider changing the future date up to 5 years to display the corresponded Cre (<=15) and eGFR.
*** Version 1.4.1 ***
- Fix the display on Retina 4-inch screen.
*** Version 1.4.2 ***
- A new appearance of user interface for iOS7.