The First 100 Words includes functional vocabulary which occurs throughout a young child's daily routine, such as food, clothing, body parts, animals, colors, numbers and actions. This app will allow parents, teachers and therapists to introduce and practice these words, providing the repetition necessary to learn new vocabulary allowing the child to develop the skills necessary to express his wants and needs.
This app was developed by speech-language pathologists and deaf educators who primarily work with children who have hearing loss. Targeting vocabulary in this manner has proven to be successful in improving the number of words understood and used by children with hearing loss. The First 100 Words is appropriate for any children who have vocabulary and/or language delays or any young children who are just learning to talk.
* 100 beautifully illustrated images
* Customizable word list for targeting certain words, categories or speech sounds
* Three set size choices for varying the level of difficulty
* Data tracking and reporting, which can be emailed or printed for monitoring progress
* Two play modes for adult-directed play or child free-play (coming soon)