Identify and create compound predicate sentences with this standards based, teacher/parent guided, ELA lesson.
• effective in beta classrooms
• animated instructional video
• practice examples
• free printable worksheet at appagogy.com
• Learn to identify compound predicates in a sentence
• Merge two sentences into one by combining predicates that share a subject
• Use a phrase bank to create sentences with compound predicates
Grade Level(s) (dependent on skill level)
1 2 3 4
Common Core Standards
L.1.1.j Produce and expand complete simple and compound declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory sentences in response to prompts.
L.2.1.f Produce, expand, and rearrange complete simple and compound sentences (e.g., The boy watched the movie; The little boy watched the movie; The action movie was watched by the little boy ).